When photographer and momma, Elizabeth, reached out to me to help plan her daughter Sophia’s 2nd birthday party I was thrilled! Her theme was Fiesta, and she wanted bold bright colors for the décor. Take a look at what we came up with and check out this list of 7 things you’ll need to throw the ultimate Fiesta yourself!
- Balloons! Elizabeth had a vision for the décor, and one thing she was certain about were these huge 40” gold letter balloons spelling DOS. She had them blown up a day before the party, and simply tucked them back behind the food table to create a gorgeous backdrop. So easy, but they made a huge impact!
- A Cake Topper! We went with a bold red glitter cardstock in a cursive ‘dos’ for Sophia’s party. It went perfectly with the cactus cupcake toppers she had and tied in great with the balloons.
- Nachos! Nobody can say no to a huge plate of Nachos. This darling 'NACHO BAR' sign was hung behind the food table.
- Cookies! Elizabeth had these custom cookies made by a local bakery, and they were the perfect addition to the cake table. She went with a mix of cactus, piñata, number 2, and Sophia’s name. I’d say Sophia loved them!
- Cactus Balloons! Check out this tutorial from Margaritaville Foods for the ultimate cactus balloon tutorial. https://www.pinterest.com/pin/489414684500048944/
- A Piñata! – Elizabeth had this taco shaped piñata and about a week before the party she used it for a prop in Sophia’s birthday photo session. It’s almost too pretty to break open!
- Wall decorations! No party is complete without a few banners and wall hangings. Our rainbow tassel garland was a great choice and compliments the ‘Taco Bout a Party’ fans she used as well!
I loved collaborating with Elizabeth to make her party dreams come true! I hope you enjoyed this list and it gives you inspiration for your Fiesta as well. Happy Planning!
(photo credit: Elizabeth Collado Photography)
*This post contains affiliate links which means I make a small commission should you decide to purchase a product that is not from my shop. It doesn't cost you any extra, and it helps fund my 'Mom's Only' chocolate candy stash hidden at the back of my pantry. :)